Typical ATV Starlink installation kits in situ. Ideally, when using pairs of brackets, they should be well spaced.
W5 Starlink wall install kit with 6ft right angle cranked pole (does not include the Starlink, obviously….)
Note : a WC(RA) kit should be fine for Starlink in the vast majority of instances, but asking any pole installation to be totally free of movement in any conditions becomes increasingly difficult as the pole gets longer and the stand off greater. Use of a right angle crank pole with a 21″ off-set (particularly with a large stand off bracket) will not be as rigid as, say, a WS kit (or even a WCL kit). But the only other option to get 32″ of stand off would be something like a pair of 36″ T&Ks (which are huge and expensive) and straight pole.
When using pairs of brackets the farther apart they are mounted the stronger the install will be.
When calculating how long you need your pole to be remember that the Starlink comes on a short pole, approx one foot long, and if using a 1.5″ pole coupler (as opposed to clamping it on to the side) all of that length will be in addition to the length of the pole you are fitting it on.
The kit comprises :
– 1.5″ (38.2mm) pole coupler which fits the Starlink mounting pole. Zinc plated (but decent quality) and supplied with stainless bolts and stainless Nyloc nuts. See here for fitting instructions.
The pole coupler can be bought separately here.
– Heavy duty 6ft x 1.5 inch x 1.6mm (16G) right angle cranked alloy pole for maximum strength and minimum movement of the Starlink dish.
– Pair of Low Profile brackets (hot dip galv pressings – finish may vary – and Nyloc stainless bolts).
OR a pair of welded 6″x9″ hot dip galvanised wall brackets – finish may vary – c/w Nyloc stainless steel V bolts with hot dip galvanised saddles.
OR a single heavy duty welded hot dip galvanised wall bracket (either 12″x12″ or 12″x18″) c/w Nyloc stainless steel V bolts with hot dip galvanised saddles.
– Eight (or four with the single brackets) stainless steel (A2) wall bolts and washers with universal plugs.
– 4ft of self amalgamating tape (remove backing and stretch when using ! ).
– Box of 100 black 7mm clips
– Screw eye (see safe use of a ladder)
The kit represents a saving of 5 to 10% in the cost of the individual items (this varies according to the current prices).
NOTE : When installing an aerial or a satellite dish on pole you would almost always install the item on the pole then install the pole on the bracket, unless the top of the pole was very easily accessible (which it isn’t usually).
Unfortunately we cannot ship this kit out of the UK, though (just) the coupler can be shipped abroad (at a carriage surcharge).
The Low Profile Brackets in our Starlink install kits have Nyloc nuts.
A pair of brackets are supplied (6×9, the 6×6 is not available with this kit) or a single (12×12 or 12×18), either wall brackets (as below, with one or two pairs of stainless V bolts as required) or Low Profile brackets (as above, hot dip galvanised & stainless steel bolts).
Note : The V bolts in this kit are supplied with saddles due to the larger twisting forces caused by the 21″ offset right angle cranked pole.
Product appearance may vary
The screws supplied in our Starlink install kits are coach screws, as below.
So you don’t have to hold the clip on the cable and risk Derrick the Decider (the II) hitting your fingers.