Typical ATV Starlink installation kit in situ, here with low profile brackets and a cranked pole. Ideally the brackets should be spaced as far apart as possible.
Starlink wall install kit with a shorter 4ft cranked pole (does not include the Starlink, obviously….)
This shortened kit can be delivered to mainland UK without incurring the “Non Conveyable” carriage, but also to British addresses in the Scottish Highlands, offshore or in Northern Ireland with a smaller surcharge than the 6ft kit.
The Low Profile version (only) of the kit can be sent to international addresses upon payment of a carriage surcharge, please contact us for an up-to-date before ordering.
Approximate stand off with this kit is either :
13.5″ (34cm) with the (pair of) Low Profile brackets.
15.5″ (39cm) with the (pair of) 6x6 wall brackets.
17.5″ (44cm) with the (pair of) 6x9 wall brackets.
20.5″ (51cm) with the (single) 12x12 wall bracket.
26″ (65cm) with the (single) 12x18 wall bracket.
When using pairs of brackets the farther apart they are mounted the stronger the install will be.
When calculating how long you need your pole to be remember that the Starlink comes on a short pole, approx one foot long, and if using a 1.5″ pole coupler (as opposed to clamping it on to the side) all of that length will be in addition to the length of the pole you are fitting it on.
The kit comprises :
– 1.5″ (38.2mm) pole coupler which fits the Starlink mounting pole. Zinc plated (but decent quality) and supplied with stainless bolts and stainless Nyloc nuts. See here for fitting instructions.
The pole coupler can be bought separately here.
– Extra heavy duty 4ft x 1.5 inch x 1.6mm (16G) cranked steel pole for maximum strength and minimum movement of the Starlink dish. Hot dip galvanised finish (finish may vary), which is a far more effective anti corrosion finish than Pre Galv.
– Pair of Low Profile brackets (hot dip galv pressings – finish may vary – and Nyloc stainless bolts).
OR a pair of welded hot dip galvanised wall brackets – finish may vary – (either 6″x6″ or 6″x9″) c/w Nyloc stainless steel V bolts
OR a single heavy duty welded hot dip galvanised wall bracket (either 12″x12″ or 12″x18″) c/w Nyloc stainless steel V bolts
– Eight (or four with single brackets) stainless steel (A2) wall bolts and washers with universal plugs.
– 4ft of self amalgamating tape (remove backing and stretch when using ! ).-
– Box of 100 black 7mm clips
– Screw eye (see safe use of a ladder)
The kit represents a saving of 5 to 10% in the cost of the individual items (this varies according to the current prices).
NOTE : When installing an aerial or a satellite dish on pole you would almost always install the item on the pole then install the pole on the bracket, unless the top of the pole was very easily accessible (which it isn’t usually).
Notes on the above install :
The above install is using the 6.5ft pole.
Most cranked poles are installed the other way up.
This install kit has been painted black by the customer.
Note the pole can be used either way up !
Low Profile brackets (as above, hot dip galvanised & stainless steel bolts).
The Low Profile Brackets in our Starlink install kits have Nyloc nuts.
A pair of brackets are supplied (6×6 or 6×9) or a single (12×12 or 12×18), either wall brackets (as below, with one or two pairs of stainless V bolts as required) or Low Profile brackets (as above, hot dip galvanised & stainless steel bolts)
Product appearance may vary.
The screws supplied in our Starlink install kits are coach screws, as below.
So you don’t have to hold the clip on the cable and risk Derrick the Decider (the II) hitting your fingers.